DR TAMI YAP
BDSc (Hons) FRACDS DCD PhD FOMAA
Dr Tami Yap is an Oral Medicine Specialist. Tami obtained a Bachelor of Dental Science with Honours from the University of Melbourne in 2006 and practiced general dentistry full time for 6 years. She became a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons in 2013. Tami returned to Melbourne University to complete a Doctor of Clinical Dentistry in Oral Medicine and PhD in early detection of oral cancer. Her research has been presented at international conferences and published in peer-reviewed international journals.
Now an academic at the Melbourne Dental School, she remains passionate about teaching and research. She continues clinical work at the Alfred Hospital, the Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne and is part of multidisciplinary Dermatology teams at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and the Skin and Cancer Foundation.
- Fellow of the Oral Medicine Academy of Australasia (FOMAA) 2019
- Doctor or Philosophy, University of Melbourne (PhD) 2019
- Doctor of Clinical Dentistry, University of Melbourne (DCD (Oral Med)) 2015
- Fellow Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (FRACDS) 2013
- Bachelor of Dental Science (BDSc, The University of Melbourne) 2006